September 2011 Open Thread
A brief bit of meta: I’ve been off on vacation for the past several weeks, and have been catching up with a few items offline, which is why there have been no articles and comments from me during that time. In addition, a few comments that got hung up in the moderation queue for various reasons have now been belatedly published–apologies to anyone inconvenienced. Am back now, and shall resume normal blogging activities.
A new month is upon us.
- TriMet fare increases go into effect on the 1st. But considering inflation, it may not be that big of a deal.
- A few route changes also take effect on Sunday the 4th.
- Metro president Tom Hughes appoints a new COO (subject to confirmation), former Ashland city administrator Martha Bennett.
- Prior Metro executive Mike Burton may be in a bit of hot water, though at this point for things unrelated to his tenure with the agency.
- A couple weeks old, but the new urban reserves and rural reserves designations are a done deal, with Washington County adjustments having been approved by the state Land Conservation and Development Commission
But as always, the Open Thread is what you want it to be.46 Comments