September 2011 Open Thread
A brief bit of meta: I’ve been off on vacation for the past several weeks, and have been catching up with a few items offline, which is why there have been no articles and comments from me during that time. In addition, a few comments that got hung up in the moderation queue for various reasons have now been belatedly published–apologies to anyone inconvenienced. Am back now, and shall resume normal blogging activities.
A new month is upon us.
- TriMet fare increases go into effect on the 1st. But considering inflation, it may not be that big of a deal.
- A few route changes also take effect on Sunday the 4th.
- Metro president Tom Hughes appoints a new COO (subject to confirmation), former Ashland city administrator Martha Bennett.
- Prior Metro executive Mike Burton may be in a bit of hot water, though at this point for things unrelated to his tenure with the agency.
- A couple weeks old, but the new urban reserves and rural reserves designations are a done deal, with Washington County adjustments having been approved by the state Land Conservation and Development Commission
But as always, the Open Thread is what you want it to be.