Transportation for America is hiring a field organizer for Oregon.
The position will be hosted at 1000 Friends of Oregon.
- Convene and provide staff support for a diverse coalition of partners and allies.
- Provide assistance with local education and outreach efforts of Oregon groups.
- Develop educational tools and materials on campaign goals and issues (in coordination with other local coalition partners and other T4America campaign teams).
- Engage in policy advocacy, media outreach and organizing public events.
- Support and strengthen creative partnerships and grassroots transportation reform campaigns in Portland, Eugene and other Oregon cities.
- Build and manage a powerful field operation to mobilize “grasstops” supporters of
campaign, including local business leaders, environmental organizations, labor unions, the real estate sector, equity and health groups, elected officials and others.
- Expand the capacity of local and state campaign partners to engage with state and federal leaders on transportation and other related policies.
- Analyze and translate federal policy goals and “best practices” in transportation reform into a Oregon-specific context through outreach to local groups and allies.
Unless some breaking news comes along, this will be my final pre-holiday post, so I’d like to take this opportunity to extend wishes to all our readers for a joyous and safe holiday season!
See you on Monday.
One response to “T4America Hiring in Oregon”
We look forward to working with this new organizer, and wish Gerik Kransky well in his next endeavors.