Transportation for America is hiring a field organizer for Oregon.
The position will be hosted at 1000 Friends of Oregon.
- Convene and provide staff support for a diverse coalition of partners and allies.
- Provide assistance with local education and outreach efforts of Oregon groups.
- Develop educational tools and materials on campaign goals and issues (in coordination with other local coalition partners and other T4America campaign teams).
- Engage in policy advocacy, media outreach and organizing public events.
- Support and strengthen creative partnerships and grassroots transportation reform campaigns in Portland, Eugene and other Oregon cities.
- Build and manage a powerful field operation to mobilize “grasstops” supporters of
campaign, including local business leaders, environmental organizations, labor unions, the real estate sector, equity and health groups, elected officials and others.
- Expand the capacity of local and state campaign partners to engage with state and federal leaders on transportation and other related policies.
- Analyze and translate federal policy goals and “best practices” in transportation reform into a Oregon-specific context through outreach to local groups and allies.
Unless some breaking news comes along, this will be my final pre-holiday post, so I’d like to take this opportunity to extend wishes to all our readers for a joyous and safe holiday season!
See you on Monday.