From my friend Karen Frost who is retiring as Executive Directory of the Westside Transportation Alliance (a Transportation Management Association):
Title: Executive Director
Status: Full time exempt
Salary range: Low $50’s, depending on experience, plus benefits
The mission of the Westside Transportation Alliance, located in Beaverton, Oregon, is to provide programs and services to Westside employers that reduce single-occupant-vehicle trips, reduce green house gas emissions, foster economic vitality and improve health. We do this by offering workplace services and programs that help employees commute to work by transit, carpool, vanpool, walking and biking.
WTA is a Transportation Management Association founded in 1997 and supported by business and public agency membership, event sponsorship and Metro funding. We are supported by a dedicated working board that is active in pursuing the vision of WTA.
The Executive Director of the Westside Transportation Alliance will join a thriving organization that has made great progress toward reducing automobile trips in Washington County. We are looking for a self-starter, an energized leader to bring the highest level of service, a partnership builder, and a skilled fundraiser to implement a vision of future growth and sustainability. The next Executive Director of WTA will have:
- The leadership, unbridled enthusiasm for our mission, and partnership building skills to expand sustainable transportation options in Washington County.
- Knowledge of the issues and passion for supporting transportation alternatives, which lead to cleaner air, healthier citizens and a stronger economy.
- Proven organizational leadership experience to grow the capacity of the WTA to meet its mission.
- Comparable success working in a small organization and the talent to marshal the skills, talents and efforts of a committed Board of Directors.
- Charisma and networking talents to build relationships with businesses, the community and potential funders.
- Proven ability to be the public face and chief spokesperson for WTA.
- Superior writing skills, especially grant writing skills to work effectively and persuasively with a wide diversity of people.
- Management experience to oversee financial and accounting activities, including budget creation, compliance, and expenses.
- Experience and proficiency in advocating for a cause in which she/he believes.
Application Packets must include:
- A complete chronological resume, including dates of employment.
- The names and contact information for four references.
- A cover letter with answers to the following questions:
- What is your vision for what the Westside Transportation Alliance can do in the next five years to significantly impact transportation issues in Washington County, and why are you the person to lead the WTA?
- How did you hear about this position?
To apply, submit the above information to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “WTA” in the title by Friday, February 4th, 2011 at 5:00pm.
For further information visit our website: www.wta-tma.org