The Final Four starts tonight (and the women’s Final Four tomorrow), so it’s time for another open thread.
- Metro is engaging in public outreach over the “future of our transportation system”. The Multnomah County meeting has already occurred, but forums in Clackamas and Washington Counties are still upcoming.
- Metro Councilor Bob Stacey is proposing a more incremental approach for the CRC.
- Many small communities with less comprehensive TriMet service are augmenting TriMet with their own local services.
- One more Metro-related item, on improving relations between Metro and exurbs that lie within the Portland UGB.
- There’s lots of buzz about a rumored proposed Portland Board of Transporation street fee of $8-%12 per month, that was the subject of a telephone poll commissioned by the city. One of the proposed options would include some money used to “purchase” additional bus service (from TriMet) within the city limits. At the point, no firm proposals have been put forth from PBOT, but the poll has got quite a bit of attention.