Only ten more shopping days ’til you-know-what.
- Alon Levy with an excellent primer on Positive Train Control (as it is known in the US).
- Joseph Rose reminisces about a bus mounted on a ski lift.
- Bike Portland reports that the State of Oregon denies unemployment compensation to a man whose job relocates to a place only reachable by driving, and who is subsequently fired after refusing to buy one.
- Also from Bike Portland, longtime activist (and PT regular) Lenny Anderson gets some well-deserved love.
- From the Columbian, the city of Vancouver discovers that extensive annexation has a cost: a much larger street maintenance bill.