We now enter the second half of 2012.
- Milwaukie MAX construction enters its second year. Speaking of construction and MAX, there will be elevator maintenance at five MAX stations this month, so be aware.
- Congress has finally passed a transportation bill. Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear to be a very good one (although much better than the House proposal which was discussed a few months back), but at this point national Democrats seem more interested in economic stimulus than they are in active transportation and urban infrastructure; something more transit-friendly is unlikely to pass the current House of Representatives. Bike Portland has more coverage here.
- More legal maneuvering on the CRC.
- Atlantic Cities with more commentary on the US urban renaissance.
- An online survey on the Southwest Corridor.