The highlights, many of which have been discussed previously:
- Elimination of fare zones and Free Rail Zone.
- Equalize MAX and bus transfer times
- Eliminate round trips–transfers good for one direction of travel only
- Adult 2-hour ticked would increase 10¢s; to $2.50; a day pass would remain at $5. Youth fares would go up 15¢s; to $1.65, Honored Citizen fares would remain at $1.
- Numerous bus route reconfigurations and service hour reductions, including some routes which are truncated (and thus certain trips will now require a transfer) and elimination of some weekend service.
- Reduction of MAX frequency to 3 tph (20 minute headways) outside of rush hour.
- Elimination of Red Line service to Beaverton outside of peak hours, with the end of the line occurring downtown.
- Reductions in LIFT service
- $400k less to the Portland Streetcar
TriMet will have four open houses next week to discuss the proposal.