Via World Streets:
A survey in Germany identifies five types of travelers, with respect to their attitudes around greenhouse gases and transportation choices:
- Public transport rejecters. These believe public transport provides little sense of control or excitement. They are not open to change and see access to mobility as very important.
- Car individualists. Similar to public transport rejecters, but are open to change and consider privacy more important.
- Weather-resistant cyclists. Positive towards bicycles and will cycle even in bad weather.
- Eco-sensitised public transport users. Positive towards public transport and are highly influenced by their environmental conscience.
- Self-determined mobile people. Perform the highest percentage of trips by foot; they do not consider mobility important and are not open to change.
I’m probably closest to #4, but also blend in some cycling when the situation and the desire/opportunity for exercise support it.
Which are you?
Would an American survey generate a different set of buckets?