I recently received an appeal for the Oregon Apollo Initiative.
The initiative, named after the Apollo Lunar program, is being launched with a ballot measure (PDF, 32K). It’s goal is to make Oregon energy independent. The initiative would:
- Establish seven centers of clean and renewal energy excellence
- Establish an Energy Excellence Board to oversee them
- Create incentives for Biofuels
- Implement tax credits for Biofuel production
- Create a funding mechanism from grants, loans and lottery funds
Will this resonate with voters?