The PSU Transportation Seminars are starting up for the Winter term. The first two weeks are student presentations:
Portland State University
Center for Transportation Studies
Winter 2012 Transportation Seminar Series
The Winter Quarter will begin with a special TRB Preview. On January 13th and 20th, PSU Students will showcase the research that they will present at the Transportation Research Board’s 91st Annual Meeting later this month in Washington, D.C. Take advantage of this opportunity to see a slice of the conference! Students and faculty from the Oregon Transportation Research and Education Consortium (OTREC) are making nearly 50 presentations at TRB this year. To see a roster of speakers and talks, check out OTREC’s TRB Guide, 2012 Edition.
- Wei Feng: Impacts of Economic, Technological and Operational Factors on the Economic Competitiveness of Electric Commercial Vehicles in Fleet Replacement Decisions
- Sirisha Kothuri: Preliminary Development of Methods to Automatically Gather Bicycle Counts and Pedestrian Delay at Signalized Intersections
- Brian Davis: The Competitiveness of Commercial Electric Vehicles in the LTL Delivery Industry: A Model and Application
- Adam Moore: Bus Stop Air Quality: An Empirical Analysis of Exposure to Particulate Matter at Bus Stop Shelters
- Alex Bigazzi: Do Mobility-Based Performance Measures Reflect Emissions Trends?
- Carl Olson: A Framework for Multimodal Arterial Data Archiving
- Kristi Currans: Context-Based Approach for Adjusting Institute of Transportation Engineers Trip Generation Rates
Where: PSU Urban Center Building, SW 6th and Mill, Room 204