Yesterday was Project Homeless Connect, where I was transportation team leader. I appreciate the help of several readers of this blog, as well as folks from the SHIFT list to deliver a great set of transportation services for the homeless families that attended the event. Services included:
- Transportation Options info from PDOT and Metro
- The “Ways to Work” low-cost auto loan program
- Community Cycling Center’s Create-a-Commuter program
- Bike repair with help from community volunteers (and CCC’s tools)
- Distribution of helmets by Trauma Nurses Talk Tough
A great time was had by all the providers and was much appreciated by the clients!