What’s a local government to do? DC set up a sting for the unlicensed taxis, maybe we’ll have ‘test parkers’ checking your zoning map location?
Archive | February, 2012
A few items:
- Clackamas County is considering closing (for now) the Canby Ferry. One big problem is the recent closure of the Willamette Falls Locks–the ferry is due for an inspection and a new propeller, a project to be done in Portland, and now the ferry will need to be trucked to the drydock instead of simply being floated down the Willamette, at considerably greater expense.
- TriMet’s recent cracking down on fare cheats is showing some results, according to the agency.
- More public outreach for the SW Corridor project. Tigard is having a meeting tonight.
- couv.com revisits architect Kevin Peterson’s alternate proposal for the CRC.
- The Port of Portland reports one of its best years ever.
- More controversy at MPAC, with Metro President Tom Hughes proposing changes to the citizen positions, a move with Carla Atxman at Blue Oregon regards as turning the committee into a rubber-stamp.