The Great Eight in the NCAA tourney are now set, the Final Four will be decided by Sunday. Time for another Open Thread.
- Oregon Business encourages greater private-sector (and public/private) participation in transit.
- The population of the Portland/Vancouver MSA (Metropolitan Statistical Area) is now estimated to be 2.35M. (Note: The “MSA” is defined to include all of Multnomah, Clackamas, Washington, Columbia, Yamhill, Clark, and Skamania counties, so it’s considerably bigger than the contiguous urbanized area on both sides of the river).
- TriMet is starting to add new 30′ buses for its routes in the West Hills. The agency is also extending Line 8 to MLK Jr. where it can connect with the 6.
- Washington County and Hillsboro considering some welcome road improvements.
- The C-TRAN BRT line for Fourth Plain Boulevard has a new name: The Vine.