The Portland Trail Blazers have won a playoff series for the first time since the Clinton Administration, so it’s time for another open thread. (Plus, the calender says its May…)
- A draft revision of the Oregon Rail Plan is now available for public review. This plan covers all varieties of freight rail, Amtrak and inter-city passenger rail (Amtrak, commuter rail, HSR). It doesn’t cover light rail, streetcars, or other non-FRA urban transit, however.
- The long-delayed, way over budget, Pioneer Mountain/Eddyville project on Highway 20 between Newport and Corvallis, is set to resume.
- Speaking of project management disasters, the latest on Seattle’s Deep Bore Tunnel project.
- Oregon’s primary election is Tuesday, May 20; registered voters should now have received ballots in the mail.
- TriMet is going full bore with its Service Enhancement Plans, and is seeking input now for four regions (Southwest, Southeast, Eastside, and North/Central). The Westside region (mainly Beaverton and Hillsboro) is mostly complete.
- C-TRAN looking at a fare increase. (Even with the proposed increase, C-TRAN fares will be cheaper than TriMet).