June 28, 2006
New Look Exercise # 4
See the initial post for the rules and background. Here's the fourth set of outcomes.
We will know we are protecting farms, forest, rivers, streams and natural areas when...
June 28, 2006 8:08 AM
... endangered and threatened species start to recover.
... rivers and streams test clean for known pollutants.
... the number of farms in oregon and the acerage of farmland both stabilize.
June 28, 2006 8:51 AM
Ross Williams Says:
Its not enough to protect them, in many cases they need to be restored. The Willamette River is not in acceptable shape.
1) When people want to swim or wade in any stream or lake in the region;
2) When most of the fresh food in grocery stores comes from local providers;
3) When all the cities in the region can obtain their water untreated from pristine watersheds;
4) When you can hear birds singing anywhere you live or work;
5) When there are salmon in every local stream that has supported them historically;
6) When the Tualatin Crawfish Festival can get its crawfish from the Tualatin River;
7) When you can eat all the fish you want caught in local waters;